Believe it or not, this is going to be the nursery for our baby. Obviously this room is going to need lot of work before baby comes home. When we moved in, all of the stuff we didn't know what to do with ended up in the third bedroom. We haven't really needed the space for anything other than storage till now, so I'm going to have to figure out what to do with all this stuff. The biggest road block in completing this task is going to be the lack of any storage place whatsoever in our circa 1944 plantation style home. Apparently back then they didn't own any possessions.
I think I may have to get some type of room divider or screen to hide things like the vacuum cleaner and a few other things that have no hall closet or laundry room to be stored in and then bring out a dozen garbage bags and say Aloha to a bunch of the junk I haven't looked at in over a year. Obviously if it hasn't made it's way out of this room in the past year, I can probably say good buy to it. Maybe we'll have a yard sale. Well, it's going to be a project. It's one that I've known about since we moved in, but since this bedroom has a door like most do, it's been very easy to ignore the mess. This mess is turning into a problem now because the baby needs a bedroom, and it is going to be here in 25.5 weeks so I better get started.

Phew! I feel for you! Our guest room keeps becoming the "storage" room...Right now it's housing a bunch of baby toys that are too big to fit in any closets unless I take them apart which doesn't sound appealing. I like your idea of getting rid of whatever you haven't used in a year. By the way, are you going to find out: boy or girl?
ReplyDelete