Sunday, December 31, 2000

I Love Strawberries!




Sometimes I just don't know what to have for lunch. Sometimes I have a craving for something cool and fresh. Sometimes I have visions of strawberry shortcake. It's during these these times that a big bowl of strawberries is the perfect treat. How do I make them extra delicious you might ask? Well first I clean my berries then I remove the green tops and slice them into large bite size pieces. Sprinkle with a few teaspoons of sugar and a splash of Grand Mariner and let them macerate for at least ten minutes. While the strawberries are getting extra yummy get out your high speed beaters and start whipping up some fresh heavy whipping cream. It really has surprised me that so many people that I know don't know how to make fresh whipped cream, and they just use cool whip or 'stuff' out of the can. Its SO EASY! Be sure to start out with clean, dry bowl and beaters. If they have been chilled in the freezer for a bit first that will make it even easier. Whipping cream will double in volume from start to finish so you should measure out 50% of the amount you want to end up with. Then all you have to do is beat till it becomes light and fluffy. When it looks almost done add powdered sugar to it, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired sweetness. All that's left is putting it together. Pick out a pretty bowl, put the strawberries and all the yummy juices in first, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Then dig in. It's up to you if you want to share.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment