Well, it's that time again. We slated for our next set of orders about a month ago and a few weeks later we found out where we would be PCSing(Permanent Change of Station) to and our new PDS (Permanent Duty Station) is Afganistan! This is both good and bad news for our family. Matthew has been wanting to serve our country in either Iraq or Afganistan for some time now. Iraq isn't really an option anymore, but he had the opportunity to volunteer for a tour in Afganistan this time around. We made the decision as a family and we are already eager to have him return home safely.
Matthew will be leaving later on this year for an extended period time. Definitely longer than any amount of time that we have previously been seperated for. Since we won't be returning to Oceanside after his return we have decided that we are going to pack up all our belongings and have them put in long term storage. Adalyn and I will spend most of the time Matthew is deployed living in Bellingham with my parents, with plans on extended stays in Montana with Matt's family and hopefully a few little vacations to visit some friends on the east coast. I am very excited to spend time with friends and family in the great PNW and maybe finally enjoy a winter for the first time in five years. But most of all I can't wait to see Matthew again when he returns and be able to set up our new home where ever that may be after these upcoming orders are over.
We appreciate your prayers for Matthew's safety over the next year as well as for our mental, emotional, and physical health and strength.
Thank you friends,
The Felton Family
The run
2 years ago

I wrote a long comment and then couldn't remember my google password so it went away when I tried to sign in with something else ;)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I hope that we can get a chance to visit and catch up as we are only about an hour away from Bellingham. We would love to see Matt before he goes too. Prayers will be with you all. What an adventure!
Amy I just saw this! I am sad that you will be leaving Oceanside and we will no longer be neighbors :(. I'm happy that you will have the opportunity to stay with family while he's gone. You must come back and visit!!!! Big hugs to you! <3
ReplyDelete