Adalyn is wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July. She's excited because it's her first fourth, her three month old birthday, she's happy to be an American baby, and very pround that her dad serves in the US Navy
We had a big BBQ at our place for the fourth and we had a whole bunch of friends come celebrate with us. We treated them to a big spread of yummy, yummy food which required a big trip to the commissary. I took a pic of all the food I bought before I started baking/cooking it all up.
I forget to take some pictures of the whole spread, but I did remember to photograph our BBQ beer can chicken, it was deliciously juicy, and my lemon curd trifle with fresh berries. It was tasty!
Our menu included:
Appetizers
pickeled asparagus wrapped in ham and cream cheese, baked brie with raspberry sauce, and deviled eggs
Main Course
Honey mustard salmon, pulled pork sliders, beer can chicken, homemade baked beans, asian coleslaw, corn on the cob with chive butter, potato salad and sparkling italian basil lemonade to drink.
Dessert
Lemon curd trifle with fresh berries and reese's peanut butter bars.
Everything turned out super yummy and there were no leftovers.
Luke, Chris, Ben, and Lindsay snacking on some appetizers
I'm putting together the trifle. I can't wait to try it!
Matt's showing off his homemade amp to Joe and Luis
Amanda and Erika are getting some sun in the backyard
Stacey's thinking it's time to load up the water balloon time bomb and get someone a little wet
Stacey ended up being the one to get all wet
If you're gonna get wet, you might as well go all or nothing!
Luke's getting a little muddy while doing some slip-n-sliding.
Ben, Matthew, Luke, and Stacey had a ball on the slip-n-slide. The box said ages 5-12. That must only be a recommendation. Because it's clearly still fun when you're in your 20's and 30's.
These boys mean some serious business, fun business that is.
Let's break out some sparklers. Erika's posing with her sparkler.
Now everyone's got a sparkler!
Adalyn, Me, and Matthew are all geared up to go watch the fireworks,
Hot mama-to-be is all smiles while waiting for the show to start!

No comments:
Post a Comment